- SAPIENS – @SAPIENS_org – Anthropology news, essays, blogs, reviews, and photographs. Your home for smart and surprising insights into Everything Human.
Grants, Internships and Research Programs
- Smithsonian Institution Internships and Research Programs – The Smithsonian is a collection of museums, mostly in the DC area, but also in New York, Costa Rica, and other locations. Almost all offer opportunities for internships and research opportunities for undergraduates (paid and unpaid). There are several opportunities to work with Smithsonian museums during the academic year (less competition) as well as the summer. Start your search by looking at the Office of Fellowships and Internships website, and then move to the specific museum.
- Young Explorers Grants from National Geographic – “Young Explorers Grants offer opportunities to individuals ages 18-25 to pursue research, conservation, and exploration-related projects.” Fields supported include anthropology, archaeology, astronomy, conservation, ecology, geography, geology, marine science, photography, storytelling, etc. Grants usually vary between $2000 and $5000, and are accepted on a rolling basis.
- American Anthropological Association (AAA)
- Association for Applied and Clinical Sociology (AACS)
- Biological Anthropology
- Business Anthropology
- Canadian Anthropology Society
- Conserving the Human Environment (heritagestudies.org)
- Council on Nursing & Anthropology (CONAA) / CONAA Dues Renewal
- Consortium of Practicing and Applied Anthropology Programs (COPAA)
- Decade of Behavior
- Ethnographic Studies Resources
- High Plains Society for Applied Anthropology
- International Union of Anthropological and Ethnological Sciences
- Plains Anthropological Society
- Poarch Band of Creek Indians
- Political Ecology Society (PESO) /// PESO Dues Renewal
- School for Advanced Research
- Society for Medical Anthropology
- Washington Association of Professional Anthropologists (WAPA)